- Frozen raw bagels
- Boiling malt
- Everything spice mixture
- Thaw overnight in the fridge, covered.
- Boil 1.5 min each side (barley malt in water optional)
- Coat with seeds (optional)
- Bake @ 450 for ~15 min or until a dark caramel ring forms on the bottom
- Cool & enjoy!
📝 Notes, Tips & Tricks:
- For lighter seed coverage, place the bagels on the baking sheet and sprinkle the seeds. For heavier seed coverage: use a bowl to dredge the bagel.
- Keep the oven closed as much as possible. Opening it slows down baking significantly.
- Leftovers can be sliced and frozen for future toasting.
- Recommended toppings: cream cheese, hummus, butter & jam, peanut butter, smoked fish, deli meat, cheese, tuna salad, egg salad,